Career Support Workshop
This session takes place in small groups, and aims to leave you with the best possible chance of securing your dream first job, or to support your change from one role to another. In the workshop, we’ll cover:
Job Search Preparation
- Goal Setting
- Job Search Channels – Media, Agencies, Social Media, LinkedIn etc.
- Your CV
- Writing the best possible CV
- Setting yourself apart from the crowd
- Covering letters
- Application forms
- Background research and your work examples
- Logistics – travel, on-line backdrop
- The Interview
- Face to face
- Follow Up
- Managing feedback
- Offer management
This workshop takes place over 2 sessions, usually on consecutive days, and lasting for 2 hours each. There will be ample time to ask any questions that you might have, and by the time you complete the workshop, you’ll know how to create a successful CV, prepare yourself for an interview and master follow-up. Don’t just take our word for it though, 2/3rds of participants in our pilot workshop went on to successfully get their dream position after 4 months.
At the end of the workshop you will walk away with:
- An enhanced CV, providing you with an increased chance of being selected for a first interview.
- A clear understanding of how to write the best covering letter.
- Realistic interview preparation and advice that will make you prepared for the real event.
- Plenty of advice about networking, where to find the most suitable job adverts for your job search, the best technologies and websites to utilise in your applications and research prior to interview.
- Support on how to manage offers and feedback.
- A network of fellow delegates, to share your experiences with.
Cost: £75 per head. Email [email protected] to enquire or sign up.
1-to-1 Career Coaching
For further career advice, you can sign up to a 1-2 hour personal session with one of our associates. These sessions are highly personalised to suit your needs and are perfect for ensuring that you’ll be the most prepared for your job search. By the time we finish our session, you can leave with a perfect CV, fully prepared for a variety of interview questions or with a clear sense of your career goals, aspirations and dream positions.
1-to-1 career coaching sessions provide all the benefits of the workshop, but tailored to your individual needs. This includes specific support for outstanding applications and interviews. Again, the results speak for themselves with 100% of participants gaining their dream position after 4 months.
For a free half-hour introductory session to explore your needs, email [email protected]
Psychometric Test and Feedback
Unsure about your working preferences and career options? Our online test will help you to understand your working preferences, and our follow up session with an associate will cover career options that best suit you. The test is done online, remotely with a 1-2 hour feedback session via video call in which we’ll explain and analyse the output from the test. Our experience in business and recruitment means that we are perfectly qualified to interpret your results and provide meaningful career advice regarding job type, size of organisation, sectors and target organisations. Email [email protected] to enquire further.
To best support themselves in their job search, many of our clients prefer to have several one-to-one career coaching sessions covering a variety of topics, ensuring that they have received all of the personalised career support that they need to succeed in their applications and interviews. As such, at Best Talent we offer a discount for support packages, fill in the enquiry form to find out more.
Further Information for Young Professionals
Further Information for Parents/Guardians